Staycations are the perfect quick getaway from the hustles and bustles of fast-paced city life, The beauty about a staycation is you don’t need to travel abroad to have a good time. Exploring your own cities can be just as new and exciting as hopping on a plane and flying halfway across the planet. You may be surprised at what you’ll find only a short drive away from where you live. Think of it this way, there are people all over the world wanting to travel to where you’re from!
Once you decide which city and book your hotels the next action would be to pack your bags and trust me there’s nothing more energizing and joyful than packing your bags for a staycation compared to your usual traveling abroad, the packing is wayy less and less hectic and stressful.
The perfect Staycay Bag
You can either opt for bags with wheels or a backpack would do, if its only for a day stay.
I recommend choosing nice-looking bags, here are a few stylish bags that would look and make you feel good! If you want to carry less luggage with your spouse, I’d suggest you take a small black trolley bag, that you both can share instead of using 2 separate bags!
If you don’t have any fancy bags, that’s not a problem! you can instead use your huge beach tote bags, that I find very multipurpose, you can dump everything inside this bag, and can be used when going to the beach or used for the pool, making it the perfect staycay bag!
Essential Clothing Only!
Make sure to control yourself from overpacking!, its only excess baggage and just a waste of space! Here a few essentials I usually pack for short trips or staycays!
- A comfortable pair of jeans
- White Tshirt
- A casual dress (that can be worn as a formal or casual dress)
- a denim jacket or Cardigan
Trust me unless your’ attending an event or a party, you don’t need to pack your whole makeup pouch, just pack the essentials which should cover you perfectly during your stay.
- Instead of packing your bulky makeup removing wipes, I’d suggest you get yourself some adorable makeup remover towelettes, just grab a few pieces, they don’t catch space and make it perfect for traveling!
- 1 eyeliner and mascara, a small neutral palette of eyeshadow
- 1 tube foundation (I’d prefer BB Cream) with SPF Included with concealer
- Sunscreen with SPF 50+
- Face Sheet Mask, with skin brightening and depuffing properties
Add these to a little pencil case pouch, rather than your bulky ones!
You don’t have to take all your accessories from your wardrobe, just the essentials.
- A multi-purpose scarf that can be used as a beach sarong when in the beach/pool or around your neck
- Sunglass (Goes without saying)
- Bath salt (Love taking my bath salts with me to relax)
- Flipflops and Flat shoes/Sneakers
What you do not require to take with you, and is provided by the hotel.
- Shampoo and Conditioner (Unless you need your own)
- Soap bars
- Shower Cap
- Cotton Buds
- Shoe Polish
- Sewing Kit
These tips should help you with No-Fuss packing and an enjoyable stay!