Born, Bred and living in Dubai makes me very proud to be living in this amazing, global city. There’s so much to discover about Dubai and so much to learn!
This booming city grows so fast and surprises me all the time, there’s always something new or exciting happening here, and to have a better understanding of this glistening city here are a few 10 interesting facts about Dubai to surprise you!
- The tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa, with 164 floors is in Dubai.
- The Dubai police fleet includes a Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Bentley.
- The above ground metro station opened in Dubai 2009. It consists of 42 stations and was built in just 18 months. An entire system is less than two years!
- Dubailand will be twice the size of Disneyworld in Florida and is expected to be the largest tourist destination by 2020.
- Their air conditioning is not just inside the buildings, it’s also at bus stops.
- The Burj Khalifa is so tall that some of its residents need to wait longer for breakfast during Ramadan. Residents from the 80th and higher floors see the sun longer than others living in the Burj Khalifa.
- Everything done here has to be at sky level, even if you are playing tennis!
- There are ATMs in Dubai that dispense gold bars.
- The Palm Jumeirah is large enough that it took 10.5 million dump trucks worth of sand to create it.
- Robot jockeys are used in camel racing instead of human jockeys.
I hope you found these facts interesting and surprising! If you’ve never visited Dubai, what are you waiting for? Come visit Dubai and see for yourself how beautiful and amazing this city is and how Dubai would make sure to capture your heart!