You would never expect charcoal to be useful in the beauty world, but strangely charcoal is a heavenly sent ingredient for detoxing and cleansing your skin as per popular skin experts and internets latest beauty obsession!
You will see plenty of DIYs and multiple uses of charcoal from whitening your teeth to removing toxins from your hair. What inspired me the most was the detoxing effects charcoal had on acne prone skin, known for absorbing oils and toxins and can be used as a spot treatment. Charcoal acts as a gentle exfoliator getting rid of your dead cells and help heal your blemishes which are just the treatment my skin needed!
Due to my hormonal issues, I have an acne prone skin and tend to be left with spots that don’t fade off, with the suggestions from beauty bloggers and research from the internet I came across Loreal Paris – Pure Clay Mask (3 Pure Clays + Charcoal). This mask has excellent reviews from beauty bloggers across the internet.
L’Oreal’s latest skin care innovation combines three powerful pure clays to unmask beautiful skin. L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Detox Mask 50ml is enriched with Black Charcoal which acts like a magnet to draw out impurities.
The creamy texture of this deep cleansing face mask detoxifies the skin’s surface and works deep into the pores, leaving the skin looking clarified and beautified. Smooth a layer onto your skin and experience the relaxing fragrances.
The blend of 3 powerful clays
– Kaolin: A highly effective natural clay, known to absorb excess sebum, Kaolin clay is a type of soft white cosmetic clay. It is named after the Kao-ling mountain in China, where the clay was mined.
– Montmorillonite: Rich in minerals, a clay recognised for helping to eliminate imperfections, this clay has amazing healing effects and have been used for thousands of years by Aboriginals, Native Americans, and cultures worldwide
– Ghassoul: A pure clay highly concentrated in minerals renowed to help clarify complexion, this reddish brown clay originates from Morocco from the Atlas Mountains.
This is one of the best charcoal masks out there! You’d be amazed at the quality of the product with such a reasonable price, the mask has a black creamy consistency, when applied on the face the mask appears black and then dries off to a light gray color.
The mask when drying off feels stiff (best not to move your facial muscles during the drying process) You can literally feel a magnetic pull on your pores and feel the detox in action! You might notice little dots on your mask when drying, that’s actually the dirt from your pores which are pulled out and absorbed by the mask.
All you have to do is wait for 5-10 minutes, and wash off with warm water. Use a wash cloth, and rub in circular motion. You will instantly notice how your skin has brightened up and how clear your skin appears. You can feel how clean and detoxed your skin is! I’d suggest applying rose water or a toner to preserve the fresh feeling longer.
How often to use
2 – 3 times a week
– Immediately – Skin in purer, bright and clear
– Use for a week – Skin feels fresher and more luminous and you can see your spots fading.
It would be great if they could’ve added a spatula for easy use, due to the charcoal ingredient you might feel uncomfy applying with your hands, but this can be easily washed off.
The product retails to AED 32.50 and available in all leading hypermarkets!
This is one of my favorite masks, and can’t get enough of it! Try it and let me know how you find the product? comment below.