A new era of entertainment has swept over Dubai with the debut of La Perle.
The La Perle is a one of a kind Cirque du Soleil-style ‘extravaganza’ with acrobats, divers, motorbikes and more. Staged at Al Habtoor City’s custom-built theatre, La Perle is a show like no other! The mastermind behind the show is director Franco Dragone. The musical and acrobatic extravaganza definitely gives breathtaking moments and transports audiences into another world!
My experience with La Perle was just perfect at valentines night, I had the opportunity to witness the show such a grandeur spectacle that gave me the opera house vibes with the golden and dramatic interiors your definitely feeling like entering a magical world!
10 awesome facts about La Perle you must know:
1. The pool at the center of the stage has a capacity of 2.7 million liters of water, nearly triple the amount of water in an Olympic pool.
2. The sound system works above and below water so artists and technicians can hear music and communications underwater.
3. There are 135 loudspeakers, making for a 360-degree sound experience.
4. All lights are moving lights with a lifetime of more than 10,000 hours.
5. The theatre can ‘rain’ inside the auditorium because of two water pumps capable of delivering 9,000 liters of water per minute.
6. There is a six-meter tall articulated puppet in the show that’s managed by six performers on the floor and one on top.
7. Everything in the theatre is a projection screen: the seats, the walls, the floor and the building’s dome.
8. Performers will jump from a 25-meter height, performing aerial feats in the air.
9. To ensure the safety of performers, there will be scuba-divers in the water at all times.
10. The pool is cleaned by an independent system 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is never emptied.
Snacks & Refreshments
As you go up the escalators toward the theatre you’ll find a cinema-style snacks counter, with popcorn, candy, soda stream drinks and more.
Just make sure you get your snacks before the show!
The seating was very comfortable, we were at the Gold seating which was also close to the entrance which made it easier when exiting, the best part of the show was how
everything was happening live in front of you, the splashes of the water (Don’t worry nothing splashes on you), the action sequence was all a great adventure journey!
The show lasts for 90 minutes with no intermission, from a poetic storytelling, acrobatic stunts to motorbike action all making you gasp in shock and just make you fall in love with the show! there are so many moments you will find the audience applauding at the spectacle and you can definitely see everyone
enjoying the show!
There are also dining options at the Atrium with a variety of restaurants, we dined at Zoco specializing in Latin American cuisine which was a perfect way to end our Valentine night. (Review of the restaurant will be coming soon).
For those of you who want to have a unique experience in Dubai, you must experience this grandeur spectacle by La Perle for an unforgettable experience!
La Perle is ranked #1 show in Dubai by Tripadvisor
For show listings and bookings click here