Did you know that coconut water boosts your hydration level? The ingredients in coconut water are way more effective at hydrating the human body than those of sports and energy drinks. Coconut water contains five essential electrolytes that are present in the human body. These include calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and sodium.
Coconut water can be enjoyed as a stand-alone beverage or combined with another liquid product, which makes it a great combination for a summer drink!
Here’s a recipe for a refreshing Summer Blush Drink.
Sarah's Summer Blush Drink
- 1 cup of coconut water (I used Vita Coco)
- 1/2 cup Ikea Lingonberry concentrate
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Pour all the ingredients into a blender and blend well
- The color consistency should be light pink (add more concentrate if needed)
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a lemon slice
Tip – If you prefer a fizzy drink, add 1/2 cup sparkling water.
With the perfect amount of sweetness, and full of coconut goodness, I am incredibly thrilled with how this drink turned out. I think a few frozen blueberries and/or a sprig of mint or a slice of lemon added to each glass would add a little something special to the presentation. Enjoy!!