Moving and Packing can be a very tedious task, its always best to pre-plan and organise yourself before thinking to move.
To make your moving pleasant and smooth, I’ve collated a few tips which should be helpful 🙂
Before your move:
- Clean and scrub the new residence before you move, the last thing you want is to be scrubbing a toilet as you move in!
- Check with your security if you have any concerns
- Check with your building maintenance if you notice anything damaged or your air conditioner not working.
- Take a picture of each room and save this, in-case when you decide to leave the land lords can’t blame you for any damage you have not done.
- Check if water and electricity is working
- Contact charity or second hand furniture pick up to pick any of your unwanted items, always best to de-clutter before moving.
- Stop grocery shopping a week before, and clean out your fridge
Moving and Packing tips:
- Begin packing from the kitchen, this is where most of the complicated stuff are.
- First thing to pack off from the kitchen a mixer (with all its attachments put in a zip-lock bag and labeled.
- Make sure you write down the room and the contents on the box
- You can color coordinate for each rooms. (Such as pink stickers go to the bedroom, yellow goes to kitchen).
- Make sure you have a good secure lock for your jewelry boxes or valuables, keep this with you and unlock after the move.
- Pack a trolley suitcase with your emergency clothes (at least for 2-3 days) such as your under garments and 2-3 pair of clothes. (this will help you as you move and don’t have to panic or stress to find your garments.
- Use your laundry basket for your main appliances or grocery (coffeemaker,kettle, tea, coffee milk, spoons and mugs)
- Cling wrap your kitchen utensils and unwrap as you move (this saves time)
- Make a hole beneath a trash bag to hang your cupboard clothes with the hanger, so you can directly hang them to your cupboard.
- Instead of boxes use garbage bags for your clothes, this makes it easier to take an identify
- Use cushions,towels,socks or even soft toys to pad things and keep them safe from breaking.
- Use Styrofoam plates between breakable plates to prevent them from breaking.
Hope this helps, Have a pleasant and easy moving! 🙂
If you like this tips, please subscribe for more tips and hacks