I know there’s a lot of outfit advice out there for every occasion such as date night, movie night, girls night out etc but very rare advice on what you should be wearing for a blogger or a beauty event.
Most ladies go wrong with wearing stiletto heels and overdressing for the occasion, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but you can most certainly see how agitated and uncomfortable they feel by the end of the event.
Remember these events can be long, and you have to do a lot of walking around, so always keep in mind to wear comfortable shoes, depending on the weather, you can carry a thin cardigan with you in case you feel chilly.
I’ve collated a few ideal modest semi-formal looks from the net that would be suitable for a blogger/beauty event, remember it’s all about how comfortable you feel!
These looks are guaranteed to keep you comfortable feeling classy and chic!
(these pictures belong to their respective owners)
Click on the images to view large.
Things you should be carrying with you for the event
- A comfortable handbag/tote bag (To put in all your freebies/samples)
- A small notebook and pen (To note down information)
- Tissues (Multi-purpose)
- Mint (To freshen your breath)
- Small pocket sized perfume (In case you feel sweaty)
- ponytails/bob pins (In case you need to tie your hair for makeup application )
- Last but not least carry a bundle of your business cards, you never know who you come across, or possible collaborative opportunity, always best to have your business cards in hand.
Points to remember:
- In an event, they spend a lot on catering so don’t be shy to eat those snacks or have those drinks, or else they’d be a waste. It’s important to refresh yourself and not have a growling tummy at the event!
- I repeat, please wear comfortable footwear and clothing, there will be a lot of walking around, trying different things and waiting. Unless your sure for certain that the event is a seated one.
- Make sure you carry a light cardigan with you in case you feel chilly
- Don’t over cake yourself with makeup, if it’s a beauty event your attending, for a makeover they will ask you to remove your makeup. I’d say go for a light eyeliner and lipgloss and a BB cream instead (better not to wear a mascara, leaves you with a panda eye while removing your makeup).
- Lastly, if your a blogger make sure you jot down notes about the uses of the products or take pictures from your mobile to refer to later.
Hope you find this post useful for your future events!
Thank you for reading!
2 thoughts on “What to wear to a Blogger/Beauty event? 👜”
Excellent article! It’s important to be prepared otherwise you’ll end up nervous and tired. Great advice
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank u love 💖