So it was a week before hubby’s birthday and I was browsing through recipes and checking what would be an ideal cake suitable for this hot summer weather. I remember going through a recipe for a stained glass cake which looked really awesome and colorful! I did want the cake to be different and decided to go ahead with the recipe.
The cake was a bit tedious but well worth the effort, the cake was a hit with the birthday boy and family 🙂
So basically this is not an actual cake but more like a pudding cake, a combination of cheesecake and pudding, which makes it deal for this summer! and plus the jello glass effect makes it look awesome! 🙂
Stained Glass Cake
A creative stained glass effect cake.
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed digestive biscuit
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted melted butter (slightly cooled)
- 3 boxes of jello (lime, berry blue, strawberry)
- 4 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 pineapple juice
- 1 packet gelatin powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
First the Crust!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- stir digestive crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl (Should resemble wet sand)
- Pour and press the mixed crumbs onto a 9 inch bottom of a round cake pan
- Bake until edges are golden brown (12 -15 mins)
- Keep onto a cooling rack to cool
Second the Jello!
- In 3 separate containers whisk each jello box with 1/2 cup boiling water
- Refrigerate until set, for 4 hours
- Once Jello is set, slice each jello into 1/2 inch cubes and keep chilled
For the cream filling!
- Combine and whisk 1/4 cup pineapple juice and gelatin powder
- Microwave the mixture for 40 seconds
- Pour the microwaved mixture to the remaining pineapple juice
- Using an electronic mixer, whip the heavy cream, vanilla, salt, and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the pineapple juice mixture
- To the cream mixture add the jello cubes and fold the mixture with a spatula
The final touch!
- Pour the cream mixture with jello onto the biscuit base and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for best results overnight!
This cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and a hit with the family! 🙂 an ideal, refreshing and unique cake for a hot summer weather!
Thank you for reading!