Ever since I was 17, there wasn’t a day that went by without makeup, especially since I used to work for an airline, trying to keep up the image was crucial in my job.
And ever since makeup was part of my daily routine, be it going for a grocery shopping, movie nights or even family nights. And this was a norm for me, I had friends who wondered how I could stand all the makeup, it was just me and I guess I was used to it and felt naked without makeup.
I never used to like caking myself, but I did have a fair share of concealers to foundations on, or maybe atleast some BB cream. Ever since I was a teenager I had a troubled combination skin, which was pimple prone and worst left pimple scars, so the use of concealers was a must to cover up the marks.
Now that I’m in my 30’s I’ve come to realize how the beauty industry has brainwashed us since we were in our teens to make us think it was not normal to go out without makeup and it was not normal to be yourself, and makeup was used to camouflage our true look. And this has become a norm with everyone, I mean seriously do you find anyone these days without makeup? or atleast under a dozen products on their skin. This, in turn, can further damage our skin, and the effects take its toll when we age.
Recently I’ve noticed how bare makeup or as they call it the “Minimal Makeup” has hit the ramps and the fashion world, where all the leading models are now going bare minimal, which makes them look sexier and natural, above all empowering to all the women out there who look at these models for inspiration.
There are plenty of benefits in going minimal with your makeup, here are a few:
- Taking off your makeup will never be a hassle
- You will be saving money on cosmetics
- You will be protecting your skin from harsh chemicals
- Your skin will be able to breathe better
- You will notice the quality of your skin getting better (healing)
- You will also notice you do not need dozens of products on your face, just the basics would do.
- Less stress on your makeup
- No more getting late to get dressed to go out (your partner will be thankful)
- Above all, you can be yourself, and not look like every other person (a kylie Jenner or a Kim Kardashian wannabe) You are beautiful for who you are.
Here are a few tips for a minimal makeup (Ladies I do understand you can’t get rid of it completely, so here are a few basics that would be enough)
For your daily makeup routine.
- Apply tinted moisturiser or BB cream
- Use eyeliner (try the barely there eyeliner look, check image below for a more natural look)
- Dust some blush on your cheek
- Apply mascara
- Colour your lips (tinted lip balm would do as well)
For a more glam natural look, check this tip out.
So as you can see, the natural look is effortless, and better yet people will start accepting you for who you are. You don’t have to be caught off guard without any makeup it just makes you look beautiful for who you truly are. And we must empower women all over the world to start accepting themselves and to not think makeup is the only way they can be accepted in this society.
Thank you for reading Beautiful! 🙂