I was watching ‘The secret life of Walter Mitty’, such an inspiring movie and one of my favorite uplifting movies! I couldn’t help having this strong craving for Clementine cake every time it’s mentioned in the movie. The Clementine cake has a mystical role in the movie which made it even more desirable to have!
So I decided to bake a clementine cake myself, with of course the ingredients I already have with me. Now bare in mind the original recipe asks for Almond Flour or meal, but since I did not have almond flour I substituted it with plain white flour.
So here goes!
Walter Mitty Clemantine Cake.
- 3 – 4 medium clementine’s (washed and peeled) keep some clementine peels separately
- 1 cup sugar (1 and a 1/2 if you need more sweet)
- 3/4 softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel of clementines and take a few peels (i used very few, it can get bitter so add very little or you can even omit to add the peels) add to food processor with sugar process till smooth
- Now add the butter and eggs process till smooth
- Add the flour and baking powder and process until mixed well
- Now spoon the batter into a baking tray
- Bake at 200 degrees for 50 minutes until golden (depending on your oven). Place a toothpick to see how baked the cake is.
When the cake is well baked, take off the oven and place on the cooling rack to cool. Enjoy with a nice latte or tea 🙂