So we had Indo-Chinese take away last night, and kept some leftover chilli chicken in the fridge. Not sure what to make of it and feeling guilty to throw away good food, I was wondering how I can be creative and do something with this leftover dish.
I thought of wraps! Hell yeah! Wraps are easy to make and easy to take! (LOL rhymes well)
So for lunch, I had some thin gluten free naans (you can use any form of wraps for this) and stuffed it with my leftover chilli chicken, and it tasted soo good!! It was a winner with hubby and family as well! 🙂
Recipe for Leftover Wrap!
- Any leftover chicken dish (preferably dry and not gravy)
- Any kind of wraps (Tortilla, Naans or even Arabic bread)
- Shredded lettuce, cabbage, and carrots
- Margarine or butter
- Spread generous amount of margarine or butter on both sides of your wrap
- Toast on pan, till both sides are lightly browned
- Meanwhile, heat up your chicken dish in the microwave
- Spread the chicken onto the middle of the wrap
- Add the shredded lettuce, cabbage, and carrots
- Roll up the wrap!
That’s about it, it’s so easy and yummy! Ideal to have with a chilled coke, I had chilled ginger ale with the wrap and man did I enjoy every bit of it!
Remember don’t throw away good leftover food, be creative and play with it till you make something yummy!
Hope you enjoyed this post!