I’ve listed a few tips below to help you survive this weather.
Stay Indoors and stay cool
- It is important to limit your day activities to indoors or air-conditioned environments
- Avoid direct sunlight, wear a hat, cap, sunglasses and most importantly your sunscreen on!
- Wear lightweight, light-colored most preferably cotton clothes to help your skin breathe and cool your body.
- Take cool showers or baths (if you’re unable to get cold showers in your apartment/home, try filling in a bucket with water and drop in ice cubes to melt and this should help refresh your water.
- Drink more water than usual, double up your intake
- Don’t wait till you get thirsty to take your fluids
- Avoid drinks with alcohol or with high sugar
Stay Informed and Updated
- Check local news and weather forecasts for heat alerts and safety tips
- Try and research the symptoms of heat-related health concerns.
Important accessories to have
- Sunscreen with high UV protection
Important things to remember
- Always carry a small water bottle with you when your out.
- Wear less makeup and less costume jewelry
- Limit your physical activity
- When you enter your car, roll down your windows before you switch on your AC, wait for a couple of minutes for cooling down your vehicle.
These tips should help you survive the extreme heat and remember your health comes first!
Thank you for reading! Hope you find my post useful!