“An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away”, you must have heard this popular saying at school or from your mom! 😊❤
Apples are amazing fruits! they are full or rich vitamins and minerals and a great source of fibre, around 4gms of fibre from an apple.
Vitamins and Minerals from Apples:
Apples consists of rich sources of nutrients and minerals, these provide a healthy and well protected immune system.
Apples also have a rich source of anti-oxidants and vitamin C that protect the body against harmful bacteria and viruses.
Benefits of Apples :
- Anti-Cancer properties
Apples have powerful anti-cancer abilities that protect the body from the cancerous cells. They can also help reduce your risk of developing pancreatic cancer by up to 23 percent.
- Boosts Immunity
Apples have an antioxidant known as quercetin which is especially found in red apples these antioxidant boosts immune system to build the natural defences of the body.
Apples have high amounts of fibre which are soluble fibres that can compete with fats in the intestine and break them down.
- Prevents Alzheimers
In Alzheimer’s, the nerve cells of the brain are damaged and apple juice which contains flavinoids helps repair the damaged cells. So drinking apple juice can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and can battle against the decaying of the brain.
Apples are packed with soluble fibres, the key to maintaining blood sugar swings. The high soluble fibre, pectin in apples, helps in controlling blood sugar levels in the body by transporting the sugar into the blood stream at a slower rate.
Phytochemicals and polyphenols are the chemicals that give apple it’s healing properties which can assist an individual recovering from asthma, breathing problems and improve the general functioning of the lungs.
- Gall Stones
Gallstones form when there’s too much cholesterol in your bile and it solidifies. Doctors recommend a diet high in fibre to aid in controlling your weight and cholesterol levels. Apples are rich in pectin fibre that can assist in controlling the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Detoxes your Liver
Apples are one of the best things you can eat to help detoxify your liver since apples are composed of vitamins, minerals, and fibres.
The fibre content in the apple reduces the strain and effort during haemorrhoid which helps in reducing the pain.
- Prevents Parkinsons
Parkinson’s is a disease that is characterised by the breaking down of the brain’s dopamine-producing nerve cells. Apple benefits us by the power of the antioxidants present in apples which prevent this breakdown.
Beauty Benefits of Apples:
1. Hydrates your Skin
Cut a slice of an apple and apply its juice on your face until the slice dries up. This will balance the oil production in your body and is a great hydrating mask.
2. Acne Treatment
To get rid of acne, blemishes and dark spots, you can mash a quarter of an apple with milk cream and apply it on your face.
Apples are wonderful toners that help to tighten your skin and stimulate blood circulation to the skin surface.
4. Puffy Eyes Treatment
Placing slices of apples under your eyes can reduce dark circles or puffy eyes.
5. Hair Loss
When eaten daily, apples also prevent hair fall. Antioxidants help in increasing circulation to the scalp, thus encouraging hair growth.
Ways we can eat or use Apples:
1. Apples can be eaten directly. Besides satisfying your sweet tooth, they can be a nutritious treat. You will notice that the apple tastes sweeter near the core.
2. Diced apples can be added to fruit and green salads. Beets and apples can be combined in a refreshing salad garnished with walnuts and endive and tossed in light vinaigrette.
3. Chopped apples can be braised with red cabbage. Meats can be braised with apple cider and served with tender red onions and sweet Granny Smith apples.
4. Apple juice is a refreshing drink and can be prepared at home by blending whole apples in a powerful blender.
5. Apple sauce can be prepared by mixing sliced peeled apples, water and sugar in a 2-quart microwave safe dish. This should be covered and microwaved on high power for 6 to 8 minutes. Now, the mixture can be processed or blended to make the sauce. You can also make chunky applesauce by mashing with a potato masher or cutting with a pastry blender.
As you can see apples contain a great variety of uses, this little fruit is a miracle fruit! You wouldn’t want to waste the rich benefits that apples can provide.
So grab an apple and start increasing your power one bite at a time.