We used to love our weekends as kids, we used to love it when mom cooks up her special spaghetti. Mom has always been my mentor and the best cook I know!
During my teens, she taught me how to prepare this and this is now carried forward to my married life where my hubby loves this and looks forward to Spaghetti day!
Mom’s Spaghetti recipe (With an Asian Twist!)
Ingredients: (Servings 3-6)
- 1 pack minced mutton/beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium sized potatoes, boiled and chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Pour oil into the saucepan, toss in the onions and minced garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Sprinkle salt, and spices onto the onions and stir well.
- Toss in the tomatoes and tomato paste and still well until the spices are absorbed and the tomatoes and cooked tender
- Toss in the boiled potatoes and mix well until tender
- Add the minced meat and mix well into the spices and until the meat is brown
- Sprinkle salt to taste.
- Until this is getting cooked, prepare in a separate saucepan. Your spaghetti should be cooked as per packets instruction.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked and al dente toss the spaghetti into the cooked minced meat gravy.
Good to serve with:
Garlic bread and Coke/Pepsi! 🙂